Saturday, January 29, 2011

The Search

Have you ever been looking for something that you felt determined to find, but the more setbacks you faced the less you wanted to look? I felt like that yesterday.


Taylor and I are in the process of looking for a house to rent once we're married. One of the main problems we've faced is that we're trying to move in by May and most places are occupied through July...I don't think either of us are too picky about the type of house- just as long as it's within our budget and close to campus. Oh and has all the necessities (fridge, stove, dishwasher [you would be surprised how many places in Athens DO NOT have a dishwasher], W/D hook-up, etc). Oh and I would LOVE hardwood floors, but that's a bonus :)

So we're on this search for our first place and it's definitely required some work. We've driven through neighborhoods we like, writing down numbers off "for rent" signs, setting up showings, and pretty much using craigslist religiously. I went to see a house yesterday that I was really excited about (great location, front porch that looked perfect for a hammock...) only to find out once I got there that they were only renting to disabled people. How could I even be upset?? I still felt disappointed when I left, but I know we have a lot of time to continue looking.

Even though I wish we could have found a place right away, it's been a memorable experience for us. We're learning a lot about trusting God and being patient. At the end of the day I just have to remember that we WILL have a place to live and more importantly we're getting MARRIED!

photo via ruffled

And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose. ~ Romans 8:28

1 comment:

  1. I'm happy to ask around...let me know what your budget is and where you're looking.

    ReplyDelete